Register today and help your young player improve their skills!
Held at the Strongsville Recreation Center. Camp Registration Fee is $100.
- Session 1 – June 5-9, 2023: 1:30 – 4:30 PM (BOYS & GIRLS entering grades 2 – 7 in the fall of 2023)
- Session 2 – June 12-16, 2023: 1:30 – 4:30 PM (BOYS only entering grades 2-7 in the fall of 2023)
- Session 3 – June 19-23, 2023: 1:30 – 4:30 PM (BOYS & GIRLS entering grades 5-9 in the fall of 2023)
- Session 4 – July 10-14, 2023: 1:30 – 4:30 PM (BOYS & GIRLS entering grades 2-7 in the fall of 2023)
HEAD START BASKETBALL CAMPS emphasize the fundamentals of basketball with individual attention given to each young player. The campers will be taught the basic techniques of shooting, dribbling, passing, rebounding, and defense. The camp will not only provide a fundamental base for each young player, but will also be a fun and enjoyable experience for every camper.
Our coaches work with the young players on developing their individual basketball skills. We want to make the most of every day and we do that with enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Learning is FUN!
Here are just a few things you will learn out on the court
- Ball handling drills that you can work on at home to become more confident with the ball
- Proper shooting technique
- Passing and catching skills
- How to box out your opponent and grab a rebound
- Defensive stance and movements
- How to be a good teammate
- Basic 3 on 3 basketball strategy
We teach our campers to play team basketball. We want everyone to play hard, play smart, and have outstanding sportsmanship.
Campers have a chance to earn various awards such as Most Improved Camper, Sportsmanship Award, Hustle Award, Camp MVP, Team Awards, and more!
Each young player who participates in camp receives an official HEAD START BASKETBALL CAMP T-shirt.
Remember! The game is more fun when you can play it well and play it the right way.
For additional information, call (216) 392-4059.